BidCal Operations Manager Job Description
An established internet auction company is looking for an ambitious and hardworking Operations Manager to join our team. This position will work closely with the company owner (CEO) to oversee and manage daily business functions and facilitate company-wide communication. The Operations Manager will collaborate with the existing Leadership Team and take ownership to improve and optimize overall operations.
Due to exponential growth, this position is being added specifically to relieve the owner of a majority of the daily detail, operating functions, and day-to-day decision-making responsibilities. The goal is the prevent the owner from becoming a single point of authority or bottleneck. The position will work hand in hand and report directly to the Owner.
- Assist CEO and other leaders in overseeing company operations to ensure efficiency, quality, service, and effective management of resources.
- Facilitate details to effectively conduct auctions, coordinate auction schedules, and keep sellers of auction items informed on progress and/or any issues.
- Drive company-wide communications including scheduling & leading meetings to ensure everyone is in the know.
- Monitors progress of daily operations; reassigns employees and makes staffing changes as necessary.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring company personnel. Monitor and update job descriptions.
- Collaborate with Owner and Leadership Team on employee review process.
- Communicate direction and purpose to team and provide praise, appreciation, and constructive feedback.
- Brainstorm with the team and promote innovation on how to grow the business, stay ahead of competition, and become more efficient.
- Implement budget, abide by fiscal guidelines, assist in management of A/R, and monitor company expenses.
- Maintain written safety program and conduct safety meetings.
- Five or more years of hands-on experience and demonstrated background in management.
- Strong leadership skills including ability to encourage, coach, and motivate employees as well as recognize and utilize multifaceted strengths within the team.
- High level of honesty and integrity – Trustworthy
- Ability to utilize common sense, and strong work ethic.
- Experience in agriculture, heavy equipment, and/or mechanically inclined. Prior auction experience a plus.
- Must work well under pressure and multitasking is an absolute necessity!
- Ability to anticipate operational problems, adjust, problem solve, and innovate in order to overcome unexpected conditions and auction inconsistencies.
- Effective written and clear verbal communication with customers.
- Effective written and clear verbal communication with company personnel.
- Proficient in MS Office products,
This position offers a competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience. In addition, compensation includes:
- Performance based bonus
- Medical stipend, PTO, paid holidays, 401k
- Relocation assistance negotiable